Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My First Email

Ever had a crush on somebody??? If so, U cud have noticed a lot of difference in u.
Elevated energy level, Increase in ur agility. U will put lot of efforts to understand ur crush and try to notice even subtle changes in the person u are interested in, trying to impress him in every possible way. Constant yet careful boasting of ur acheivements, trying to act modest and smart, sharp sense of time, getting up on time even without an alarm... The list is unlimited.

All these and much more, I noticed in me from the day my bunny called me. I remember it vividly, he called me around 7:00 AM in morning on a friday. I felt a different vibration in me when i heard his "hello". Just a casual chat. Still I could hardly remember what was spoken on that day. But somehow I felt Bunny also felt the same vibe. He gave me his email Id. I confirmed it 3/4 times, making sure i have a way to contact him in future. Cudn't speak even for 10 mins as my dad was with me. Longing for the call to last for ever, yet forced to hang up coz of the environment, I left to office in my new scooty.

My new scooty was my best friend at the time. From the day I bought it, I started speaking to it on my journey to and from office as if it were listening to me.
I named my scooty as Bucephalusss(buc).
After my bunny's call, on my way to office, I was silently telling to Buc about all my plans to send a nice email to my bunny. Ok. Only Buc knows about my excitement. After reaching office, I started collecting lot of nice greetings, good morning ecards, some funny emails and a lot of forwards hoping to bring a smile on my bunny's face. I never have worked from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM in office, except on that day. Real hard work to impress my bunny. At around 6:00 PM, I sent my first mail..

I got a reply immedietly. Its not from Bunny but a failure delivery notice. Confused, I sent the mail again. Same result. DELIVERY FAILURE.
What happened??? I typed his email Id again and checked it and sent the mail. Dint work. Frustrated i sent the mail again and again and again without even making an effort to understand the problem. Enuf of sending mails, I closed my system and started back to home. As usual, Buc listened to all my silent lamentations.

At home, I sent another email..

This time I noticed something. My Bunny's email Id had the name 'Gomathi' in it. I have a friend named 'Gomathy'. She uses 'y' instead of 'i' in her name. I got used to 'Gomathy' as she is very close to me. But the common usage is 'Gomathi'. Very much proud of having found out the bug, I sent another email. This time I created an email in the name of 'Buc', hoping Buc would talk to Bunny about me. But I made another mistake. Because of repeated failure delivery notices, I sent just "Test Mail" in the subject and content. I dint send any other information. This was the first mail I sent to my Bunny.

I expected a reply in the morning. Nothing was there in my mail box.

Saturday morning IST is Friday evening in NJ. He might have thought of my mail as some spam. He might not check his official email for another two days.

Monday morning, I sent another mail from my office ID, explaining about the "Test Mail". I got a long reply in the evening, monday morning US time. We started chatting quite frequently. In just two days, our relationship strengthened to such an extent that I received my valentines day gift from my bunny, a timeless gift to show that our relationship will be eternal.

No comments: